Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:33:08 EDT
From:      Bsdguru@aol.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4-port T1 PCI card with integrated csu/dsu

In a message dated 10/13/01 3:15:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
phk@critter.freebsd.dk writes:

> >>  etinc is not recommendable.
>  >>
>  >
>  >Everyone knows that PHK has a grudge against etinc. How childish.
>
>  No, I don't have a grudge against Dennis or Etinc, I merely point
>  out that somebody who has caused so much grief in our mailing lists
>  without ever actually submitting one single diff to us is not
>  a (re)commendable supplier.

I dont know about you, but I base my recommendations on the ability of the
product to help the person thats asking, not the number of lines of code
they've contributed.

I dont see how driving away commercial vendors with such a ridiculous
attitude benefits the FreeBSD community. Very unprofessional.