Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 17:09:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DE=F3r=F0ur=20=CDvarsson?= <totii@est.is>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with irq 9(2)?

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, =?iso-8859-1?Q?=DE=F3r=F0ur=20=CDvarsson?= wrote:

> Larry S. Lile wrote:
> >
> > Does anybody know if there are problems with interrupt blocking
> > when using interrupt 9(2)?  I am having problems with my token
> > ring card getting into a user blocked interrupt state and cannot
> > figure out what to do.  This is really screwing up my token
> > ring driver development.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> I am not sure what is going on, but, IRQ 9/2 is often used by vga
> adapters, if you have ISA vga adapter then the trouble can be orginated
> there. Vga cards used IRQ2/9 for some retrace call.

I'm using a #9 Motion 771 video card (PCI)
> vga0: <S3 968 graphics accelerator> rev 0x00 int a irq 10 on pci0.11.0
so I am not sure that would be causing this problem.  But then again I
don't know.  I am going to try moving to int 3, after disabling the
serial ports, and see if it works better.  It will get me off the
cascaded 8259 and the broken vga interrupt hack, if that's what it is.

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com