Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:51:52 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely8.cicely.de>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Trap on ^C

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> --Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v
>
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 02:51:42PM +0100, Bernd Walter wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 05:32:33AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > > Has anyone else seen trap panics in -stable upon pressing ^C in a
> > > shell?  axp0.freebsd.org is suffering considerably from this -- I've
> > > panicked it this way 3 times in the past few days while I've been
> > > trying to get a new set of packages built.
> > >=20
> > > I've tried to get a proper traceback but the kernel wasn't built with
> > > debugging options.  The next time it happens I should be able to get
> > > one.
> >=20
> > The last one I know of was a problem in the signal handler if the
> > process was swapped.
> > Andrew fixed it in src/sys/alpha/alpha/machdep.c rev 1.159
> > It was MFC'ed in rev 1.68.2.16 before 4.5-RELEASE.
>
> Aha!  axp0 is still running 1.68.2.15 -- I thought it was a newer
> kernel than this.  Time to update.
>
> Thanks for the quick response!

OH NO!! *please* tell me you didn't cvsup the source on axp0!!

peter@axp0[4:50pm]~-103> cat /root/stable-supfile
*default host=cvsup10.freebsd.org
*default base=/local0
*default prefix=/local0
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
# XXX DO NOT CVSUP SRC PLEASE!
#src-all tag=RELENG_4
ports-all tag=.

If you have, you have trashed all the tweaks to make the netboot work. :-(

Cheers,
-Peter