Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 1998 09:48:40 +1000
From:      Robert Chalmers <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   tun0 interface and routing - boot time messages and downed links

Hi,
Two problems here. Probably related.

	Firstly:

On boot up, on the console display I get;
Using interface tun0
Warning: add route failed: 0.0.0.0 errno" Network is unreachable
tun0 flags=8011<UP, POINTTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
tun0 flags=8011<UP, POINTTOPOINT,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

However, upon start up, everything connects fine, and ifconfig tun0 shows only
one instance running?
Somewhere the is a route it cant find.

In sysconfig I have

  network_interfacees="lo0 ed0 tun0"
  ifconfig_tun0=

and in start_if.tun0 I have
  ppp -ddial isp

Now, on far to many mornings, the link will go down, usually around 4:50 a.m,
and I come out to find the system hung, with this error showing;

alert: deflink: Can't unlock uu_unlock /var/run/cuaa0_if

As i can't find what is actually blocking this, I have to re-boot.  Surely
there is a more gracefull way of doing this?

cheers
Robert

--
  Support Whirled Peas.       Business in China?    China House
  robert@chalmers.com.au      ph:61 7 49440357 fx:61 7 49578425