Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:11:30 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   Xilinx Zynq-7000 Support

How difficult would it be to get Xilinx Zynq devices supported?
I'm not too scared to write a couple of IO-Controller drivers, but have
no clue about the required work for the dual-core A9.
I'm asking because Adapteva (http://www.adapteva.com/) has annouced
a rather low cost board with their own coprocessing multicore CPU based
on a Zync-7010 device.
I like their own multicore CPU design, but even without it the Zynq with
Gbit/s Ethernet and 1GB RAM and FPGA should make a good gerneric platform.
The USD99 price was for crowdfunding, but they target a similar low price
for normal sales.
Until Adapteva has boards available the lowest priced Zynq board seems
to be the ZedBoard (http://www.zedboard.org/).

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de