Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 2009 13:10:55 -0600
From:      John Hein <jhein@timing.com>
To:        David Chisnall <csdavec@swansea.ac.uk>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libGLU build failure

David Chisnall wrote at 16:44 +0100 on Apr  9, 2009:
 > I am unable to build the libGLU port on a fresh install of 7.1-
 > RELEASE.  The issue appears to be that it depends on the xcb port
 > (which, by the way, is not in the dependency list) and runs pkg-config
 > with x11-xcb as the argument, while the port installs it just as xcb.
 > Creating a symlink from xcb.pc to x11-xcb.pc causes the port to fail

xcb.pc is from x11/libxcb
x11-xcb.pc is from x11/libX11
Creating that sym link is probably a bad idea.

 > during build, unable to find the X11/Xlib-xcb.h header.  For some
 > reason, it seems to be using the xcb version of xlib but with the
 > dependencies all pointing to the old version.

And libGLU does depend on x11/libX11

Well, it depends on it directly now - maybe the version of the
port packaged with 7.1-RELEASE didn't depend on libX11 directly, but
had an indirect dependency.

Either way, somehow you are missing libX11.