Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:12:29 -0700
From:      Jim Mock <jim@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        Tass Chapman <tass@kenderhome.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Greetings

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 at 19:05:47 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
>   The number of sections that are marked as "to be written" has
> diminished in recent months but a lot of the information is still
> hopelessly out of date or poorly written.  For example, here is a
> quote from the serial communication chapter "This document is written
> based on the author's experience with FreeBSD versions 1.0, 1.1, and
> 1.1.5.1".

Yes, this is definitely a major candidate for updating or nuking
completely.  I'm not sure enough people even use it to be worth
updating.  Besides, if it's updated, or nuked, I'll be able to close the
PR that Murray opened a while ago pointing out how crufty it is :-)

That said, how many of you would object to removing this section
completely?  We could always add it back later if someone updates it,
I'm just starting to think that no info on it is better than 5+ year old
info..

- jim

--
jim mock <jim@jmock.com>        work: jim@osd.bsdi.com | jim@FreeBSD.org