Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 12:11:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        krw@tcn.net
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/3252: Netscape Communicator 4.0b3 gets floating point exception when java used

We are seeing this in navigator 3.01 when the 'Net Search' button is
clicked.  Subsequently a JavaScript script is downloaded that makes calls
to Math.round() which I suspect may be involved.  (Thanks,
ktrace(1)/kdump(1) ...)

I reasoned (please somebody point out any flaws in this) that our BSDi
emulation doesn't really come into play with Math.round(), since netscape
is a statically linked binary, and math routines aren't syscalls.

I run 16bpp at home and still see the problem so at least in the case of
navigator 3.01, X11 resolution doesn't seem to be a factor.  More
experimentation coming...

I also filed a problem report with Netscape...

-Chris