Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 20:08:48 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Continuing ahc problems - also cause fxp failure

At 04:36 PM 5/23/2001 -0700, Matt Dillon wrote:

>     It only happens to me when I'm doing remote backups.  This machine has
>     around 8 GB of data that needs to backed up.  It most often occurs monday
>     mornings when it's doing a level 0 backup (using dump).

I am doing the same from one machine (440BX chipset), PCI fxp0
/sbin/dump -0uanf - / | gzip -4 | /usr/bin/ssh ... dd... etc
to another, which is an 810 based board with built in NIC running with an
ad0, twe0 and an sa0 off an adaptec 2940.  Are you doing the dump to disk
or directly to tape ? I send mine to disk first, tape later.  Never seen a
problem, but the recipient machine is doing pretty well nothing else at the
time of the dump.  Its about 10 gig of backup for a level 0.

         ---Mike