Date:      Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:01:45 -0500
From:      Normand Leclerc <nospam@ele.etsmtl.ca>
To:        wkb@freebie.demon.nl, obrien@freebsd.org, fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940UW booting problems

    Uh, I am even more surprised than you guys.  Until I added the Yamaha
(yes, it's a fast ultra scsi ), I booted without any problem.  I have two
barracudas (one 2gigs, one 4 gigs ultra), one cheetah (9.1 gigs ultra),
one CDROM NEC-222 and the Yamaha 8424, all on the narrow interface.

    The SRM sees the adapter as pka7 which is fine.  The adapter can be
configured using the Alphabios.  I really don't see why you guys aren't
seeing it on SRM.  I have the last SRM console for the SX which is 5.7 I
beleive.  Anyways, if you guys tell me this card is hardly supported,
then I should change it.  I don't like it tough.  I always liked Adaptec
scsi cards on PCs...   I hardly know the other brands tough.  Symbios and
Qlogic ...  Any good?

    Do you have the same problem with the 2940?  If so, then it's of no
use to try it.  It is weird, I really can boot with this card...

Normand Leclerc
lecn1306@ele.etsmtl.ca