Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 2015 11:26:30 -0700
From:      freebsd@johnea.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is the forum down?

On 2015-05-28 21:48, AnthonyL wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2015 15:42:40 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> On 05/22/15 15:24, J2R2 P wrote:
>>> I have not been able to see any pages in the forum since yesterday
>>> whether I click a link from a search engine of navigating directly to
>>> the forum from within freebsd.org website.
>>
>> Seems fine to me.  The did recently update the TLS configuration of the
>> web server so it now scores 'A+' on the Qualys test site -- which
>> however means that some older browsers or mobile platforms may have
>> problems.  Try again with a recent version of FireFox or Chrome.
>>
>> 	Cheers
>

> I was also having some trouble lat week. It seems to be working fine now.

It's still broken for me. I'm getting:

  Data Transfer Interrupted
  The connection to forums.freebsd.org has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred.

This is probably the TLS upgrade mentioned above. On another machine with an updated browser, the forums are rendered correctly for me. (on the broken machine, I have other reasons for not wanting to update)

I don't understand why https is enforced on the freebsd.org server. If I attempt to surf to http://forums.freebsd.org/ I'm redirected to the https site.

I don't really care if my forum surfing is unencrypted and would prefer an http connection.

johnea