Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:57:17 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Forrest Aldrich <forrie@forrie.com>
Cc:        Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>, Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Too old for bsd.port.mk?

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

# At 09:46 PM 3/29/99 -0500, Greg Pavelcak wrote:
# >Why should he have to immediately following a make world?
# >
# >Greg
# [ ... ]
#
# My thoughts exactly.  I would presume that a fresh cvsup and
# then make world (buildworld/installworld) would take care of this.
# Why the different approach?

There was a brief period in time where ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk had
this change but src/share/mk did not.  It is not necessary to do
a complete new world if you happened to fall in that window (about
a day) before Satoshi committed the second half of the change.
All you need to do is refetch the src/share/mk bits and do a
'cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install'.

-steve