Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 05:28:23 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   bt848 driver and direct video

I managed to put in the mods for the "PCI-TO-PCI" video mode which
all it does is that it dumps the captured frame directly to a
graphic display's frame buffer. My graphic's card is a Diamond Stealth 64,
S3 968 with 4 mb of VRAM. Its significance with respect to the Bt848 driver is
that the S3 968 presents a linear frame buffer and in 32bit color depth
the pixels are ALPHA-R-G-B. The "ALPHA" is not used.

When I am done with the mods to the driver, I will distribute my
version of "tv" which uses the "PCI-TO-PCI" mode.

I will probably release the driver this weekend.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio