Date:      23 Mar 2020 16:43:10 -0400
From:      "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ihor@antonovs.family
Subject:   Re: NodeJS on FreeBSD

In article <20200323201527.yeae67icceifel6d@sea-ll-10936> you write:
>I with you on that. I believe NodeJS/Javascript is a dead-end branch of computing
>evolution and I hate it with burning passion. ...

I doubt it.  Its transaction model is essentially that of the SABRE
airline reservation system from 1960 which borrowed it from the SAGE
air defense system that ran on vacuum tube computers in the 1950s.  If
you have a lot of transactions and want high performance, it's the only
design that has stood the test of time.

I agree it's not much fun to program unless you have that kind of mind,
which most people don't.

R's,
John