Date:      Sat, 11 May 1996 05:34:18 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Heikki Suonsivu <hsu@clinet.fi>
To:        Eric Varsanyi <ewv@boom.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Motherboards

   This is only a problem if you want to run something on the other
   side of a PCI-PCI bridge chip (like the SMC EtherPower 2). A properly
   implemented PCI card will attach the interrupt pin on each device

   ASUS doesn't seem to understand what a PCI-PCI bridge is and why
   someone might want to use one. Their BIOS only detects and initializes

I have at least 6 ASUS based routers which use SMC EtherPower 2 and ZNYX
4-port ethernet boards.  One router has got 10 ports, all occupied.  The
motherboard is the SIS chipset one, P90.  I have got Triton II boards also,
but I'm not absolutely sure that I have tested those with multiple ports in
use yet (but they are correctly probed and both ports on EP2s are usable
alone).

--
Heikki Suonsivu, T{ysikuu 10 C 83/02210 Espoo/FINLAND, hsu@clinet.fi
mobile +358-40-5519679 work +358-0-4375360 fax -4555276 home -8031121