Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 09:14:01 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firewalling large ICMP packets..

On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 1997, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to do this in FreeBSD?
>
> Maybe, using ipfw or ipfilter.
>
> As a note, FreeBSD is immune to the Death Ping (as reported).. I suspect
> you are tyring to save some susceptable machines in your network from
> disaster :)

Hehehe.. not really :)

I've upgraded all the Linux / Fbsd machines on the network so they aren't
susceptable to the "Ping of Death" .. I'm trying to stop users ping
flooding machines (most people would see no ping reply and think "ahh!
I've killed the machine/modem" and stop)

Although I know of a lot of other Linux 1.2.13 machines out at ISPs ...
*snigger*

Cya

--
Adrian Chadd			| UNIX, MS-DOS and Windows ...
<adrian@psinet.net.au>		| (also known as the Good, the bad and the