Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 08:45:41 -0400
From:      Charles Green <green@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: T-shirts for donations ;)...Maybe?????

Terry Lambert stands accused of saying:
} Date: Jun 10, 17:25
} > > > Also, there was mention of non-profit status.  I think it would
} > > > be time and money well spent to make it so that contributions
} > > > were tax deductible.  This
} > >
} > > Just to clarify this once more: If there were enough money coming in
} > > to offset the headache of the additional bookkeeping, I'd do it (and
} >
} > I think $25.00 donation (for a BSD daemon t-shirt/FreeBSD related attire)
} > may go over well.  Any comments?...
}
} If you are doing the whole PBS thing...
}
} Donation	Premium
}
} $50		"Contributor T-shirt", not available otherwise
} $100		"Daemon plushie"
} $150		"T shirt and plushie"
} $200		T-shirt, plushie, "special edition CDROM"
} $300		T-shirt, plushie, "special edition CDROM", Signed by
} 		author(s) "Design and Implementation" book
} ...
} "Special edition CDROM" includes XInside Motif? Dunno -- think of
} some way to make it special, besides a different "not available
} otherwise" silkscreen...

	I think a special edition CDROM with commercial software
on it is a good idea. Assuming a portion of the proceeds go to
the commercial software developers, it also helps support those
companies that took the time and effort to port their apps to
FreeBSD.

}
} non-profit (tax deductible donations) status would help...
}
}
} 					Terry Lambert
} 					terry@lambert.org
} ---
} Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
} or previous employers.
}-- End of excerpt from Terry Lambert

--
Charles Green, PRC Inc.			             UN*X System Administration
22 Powell Ave. Apt. B 		   	                  UN*X Security   &