Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 2000 19:48:04 -0700
From:      "Rob Snow" <rsnow@my-deja.com>
To:        rsnow@my-deja.com, murban@tznet.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hmm, I can't build a kernel now...

Aye, I did an installworld, then rebooted to single to try to build a kernel with new world installed...failed...did a fresh and complete make world and it still failed in the same manner.  I have tried the make buildkernel (no options, I just want a GENERIC so I can boot to multiuser ATM)

I'm in the process of doing a make buildworld, make buildkernel, make install kernel, make install world from fresh cvsup as of this afternoon.

I've gone over UPDATING and searched the archives...wouldn't be hitting you guys up if this was a RTFM.

(Hold on, hope buildworld just completed)....make buildkernel explodes the same place and in the same fashion.  BTW, I have nuked /usr/src/sys and re-cvsup'ed the sys tree, no luck.

Some additional info on my error (this is a rehash of the error from my previous post)
This is very early in locore.s, error looks like:

{standard input}:1748: Error: .space specifies non-absolute value
{standard input}:2474: Error: undefinded symbol L0^A in operation setting PTmap
{standard input}:2474: Error: undefinded symbol PDRSHIFT in operation setting PTmap

NOTE: There is a ^A right after the 0 which shifts my display to inverse.

Thanks for any suggestions or hints.

-Rob