Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:44:54 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: auditdistd config file location

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 04:38:13PM +0100, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> Hello all.
>=20
> I had some spare time so i thought it was a good moment to look at=20
> auditdistd .
> One thing i noticed was the default config file location.
> The man page and the wiki tells me it is /etc/security/auditdistd
>=20
> I enabled audistd by placing the following in the rc.conf file
> auditdistd_enable=3D"YES"
>=20
> However if i want to start the deamon, it tells me the config file is=20
> not present.
> And that is correct, because my config is in /etc/security/ and not /etc/
>=20
> [root@smb-filer01 ~]# /etc/rc.d/auditdistd start
> /etc/rc.d/auditdistd: WARNING: /etc/auditdistd.conf is not readable.
> /etc/rc.d/auditdistd: WARNING: failed precmd routine for auditdistd
> [root@smb-filer01 ~]#
>=20
> I think the default location of the config file needs to be modified to=
=20
> match that of the wiki page and the man page.

The one in the man page is correct (/etc/security/auditdistd.conf).
This was last minute change, which I just fixed (r244181).
Thank you for the report!

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Feel free to CC
me when sending a question to the mailing list.

--=20
FreeBSD committer                         http://www.FreeBSD.org
Am I Evil? Yes, I Am!                     http://tupytaj.pl

--yEPQxsgoJgBvi8ip