Date:      Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:45:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Richard Kaszeta <kaszeta@me.umn.edu>
To:        Finn Arne Gangstad <finnag@guardian.no>
Cc:        Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>, aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG, linux-scsi@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject:   Re: aic7xxx testers needed

Finn Arne Gangstad writes ("Re: aic7xxx testers needed"):
>It fails consistently here on Intel R440LX server motherboards with built
>in 7880 chips and seagate cheetah disks (all the 5.1.0-pre drivers have
>had some problems on these I think), I only have this configuration on
>production systems here so I cannot test new drivers very often.

I see similar results on my system.  Pre13 works flawlessly on my asus
p2b motherboard with a seagate Barracuda 34573LW Ultra2 LVD drive.  If
I hook up a Barracuda 34572W Ultra/SE drive instead (or along with the
Ultra2 drive), I get a "Parity error during Data-In Phase" error.
This drive works perfectly with the stock 2.0.35 kernel aic7xxx driver.

--
Richard W Kaszeta 			Graduate Student/Sysadmin
bofh@me.umn.edu				University of MN, ME Dept