Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:22:45 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgng seems to be working with most of portmaster's options but not all.

--------------enigD1B18C2848D45B3FAE7EB35F

On 18/10/2012 23:52, Edwin L. Culp W. wrote:
> After a little suffering, with a few operator errors for me at least,
> pkgng seems to be working with most of portmaster's options but not
> all.  The only two options that don't seem to give me the expected
> results are:
>=20
> --check-depends
> --check-port-dbdir
>=20
> Is this correct or should they too be 100% usable as previously?

I'm not sure about the precise functionality you highlighted here, but
it is the case that portmaster+pkgng doesn't have a complete
implementation of portmaster+pkg_tools functionality.  Partly that's
because portmaster was written around pkg_tools and closely tied to the
way those tools work.  Partly it's because no-one has yet written the
code to make everything fully compatible.  Some of that is code to go
into pkgng itself, some to go into portmaster and some a mixture of both.=

In each of those cases, patches are very welcome.  We like pull requests
on GitHub (https://github.com/pkgng/pkgng,
https://github.com/portmaster/portmaster) but if you have a contribution
then any reasonable means of bringing it to our attention is good.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.