Date:      Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:11:58 -0500
From:      Phil <ReachMe@Syne-Post.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Rewrite ??? & Modules

Hello there,
    I've read through the documentation on the rewrite directives for apache
and it seems overly complex for what I want to do. Which is
when a browser selects
http://www.domain.com/R&D/cgi-bin/newscript.pl this link from the NT Server it
will actually call http://www.freebsdbox.com/R&D/privat-cgi-bin/newscript.pl
from the freebsd server and which actually display back in the location bar
http://www.domain.com/R&D/cgi-bin/newscript.pl

can this be accomplished with an Alias of some kind or can i just put
rewrite http://www.freebsdbox.com/R&D/privat-cgi-bin/newscript.pl
http://www.domain.com/R&D/cgi-bin/newscript.pl
into the httpd.conf file ?????

As for modules. What is a recommended list of Perl Modules for a box that is
being used by cgi developers and website developers? Also PVM is running on the
box and soon ORacle 8 via linux libs.
Honestly, I don't know very much about PERL, Apache or UNIX :^(

Phil