Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 1995 16:56:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Seamus <seamus@rtfm.ocala.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   installing on a laptop

I want to install freebsd on a compaq contura aero laptop, but have been
having awful luck.. I got release 2.1.0-950726-SNAP from ftp.cdrom.com,
and made a copy of the root and boot disks.. my problem is occuring after
bootup.. due to the odd configuration of the floppy drive on the compaq,
after booting, FreeBSD refuses to see the floppy drive... I set
everything up, and when it goes to read the root disk, it says "Error, no
floppy devices found" or something similar to that error.. I am wondering
if I could possibly put the root disk on my dos partition that I'm
installing from, or if there is some way installing freebsd can be done
on this machine... please respond ASAP!
Pat