Date:      Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:24:41 -0600
From:      "Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC" <chad@shire.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   bind and multiple a records

On FreeBSD 6.0 with bind9, if I define a host to have multiple A
records, such that some IP addresses are listed more than once, for
example:

.
.
.
www		600		IN A  192.168.1.1
			600		IN A	  192.168.1.2
			600		IN A  192.168.1.1
.
.
.

Will those addresses listed more than once show up more often as the
"answer" to name server requests (or more often as the first address
since it lists all addresses in response alternating the order)??

I am trying to achieve really crude weighting in my load distribution.

I've been running this way for some time and in looking at snapshots
of server traffic, it sometimes look like it is doing so and
sometimes not, but my measurements are not really accurate.

Thanks
Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC