Date:      Fri, 29 Dec 1995 08:57:27 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Mattias.Gronlund@sa.erisoft.se (Mattias Gronlund)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl interface

> > The entire sysctl area is still being reconsidered and rearchitected
> > quite a bit, and this particular interface should >>>NOT<<< be relied
> > on for the future.
>
> But if I whant to create an interface for iostat to retrive data from
> the disk drivers to generate an extended disk statistic, should I wait
> untill the interface is "reconsidered and rearchitected" or will
> it be a minor thing to convert from the current interface to the uppcoming
> interface?

Well, the change will essentially be that you specify a string
("hw.disks.stats") instead of a int[] with some magic numbers in it.
apart from that it will be the same.

I expect it to be in place in two weeks or so...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.