Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 01:07:01 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        Shanon Fernald <sfernald@epicor.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Hardware random number generator

On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Shanon Fernald wrote:

> Actually, pretty much answered my own question doing a little research on
> the web. Intel has a hardware random number generator in their 8xx series
> motherboards (810, 815, etc). It's supposed to be a pretty solid number
> generator. Looks like the specs to access it are out there too. Does anybody
> know if freebsd supports the intel RNG?

[...shuffling through old emails...]

I recall a quick thread from phk on -hackers in August or so about
generating "*real* random bits" where Dan Moschuk <dan@FreeBSD.ORG>
said he basically had a working driver for this and just needed to be
implemented with markm's work.  Maybe check the archives...?

-Paul.