Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 00:04:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Reid <sreid@alpha.sea-to-sky.net>
To:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: calcru: negative time

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Ludwig Pummer wrote:
> I get the same thing with my Cyrix MediaGX 180MHz CPU (486-class, according
> to boot probes) running 2.2.6-R, although my numbers don't go as high as
> yours (latest were -4672 and -4748). It starts a few days after cycling
> power to the machine. I ignore it and it doesn't seem to cause problems.

I've seen this happen during boot (after device probe, before syslogd
starts), but usually it takes a few hours before I start to see it. Once
it starts it usually gets progressively worse until I reboot.

Since my post about the message, I have noticed a problem.. When the
message is appearing, some processes don't get all of the CPU available
to them. Beforelight (screensaver, comes with XF86) runs sluggishly, and
raplayer (3.0 for FreeBSD, dynamicly linked) plays with somewhat broken
sound. This is with a load average well below 1, and it doesn't happen
when the message isn't appearing.

I'll try removing my new sound card and see if that helps...