Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:17:21 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-new-bus@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spring Break and CardBus

In message <200003142052.PAA15847@cs.rpi.edu> "David E. Cross" writes:
: What I have is a card is inserted into socket 0, it asks for 4k of memory
: space, and 16 bytes of IO space.  I need to allocate this space out of the
: pool available to its parent controller (also, in some cases I need to
: allocate it to the parent controller in the first place).  How do I do this?
: What about IRQ binding?

Thought you sent this to me personally, but looks like it went to the
new-bus list..

The theory here is that you would create your own resource manager
like the nexus does with its resources and then assign stuff out of
that pool.  Given how cardbus and pccard works, you don't necessarily
need to allocate the pool at the pccard/cardbus bridge level.
Instead, you can just pass the requests up and down through the bridge
and then progrma the bridge to respond to the ranges that the upper
layers assign.

Finally, I'm curious, what code base are you targeting with this?
NEWCARD or something else?  I'd love to take a look at this code.

Warner