Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 1996 00:11:54 -0400
From:      craigs@os.com (Craig Shrimpton)
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PANIC with Stable June 7th (bad dir?)

>SRAM cache.  If this is a fairly new system, this is often caused by bad
>cache RAM.  The easiest way to check it is to disable cache and see if
>crashes occur again.

Hmmm... I wonder if this is what's been happening to me lately.  I'm getting
random re-boots without any log messages.  I was attributing it to the
"blown" sups over the last couple of weeks.

-Craig

Orbit Internet                               Email:  craigs@os.com
400 Grove Street                             Phone:  (508) 753-8776
Worcester, MA 01605                          http://www.os.com/