Date:      Wed, 03 Dec 1997 12:12:01 -0800
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        jbryant@unix.tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: emacs core dumping on -current?

> looking through your notes, could this be a problem with
> gnu-malloc() which emacs defaults to?

Toward the end of the build process, emacs does this hack where it
loads all the standard elisp files and compiles them internally.  Then
it "dumps" itself to produce the executable that gets installed.
I.e., it writes its own address space out to a file and hacks it into
an a.out executable.

The problem has something to do with that.  I can't look into it any
deeper until this evening at the soonest.

John