Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:34:23 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Mark Andrews <marka@isc.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELEASE_6 -> RELEASE_8

On 1/30/2011 6:45 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> 	I was trying to upgrade a machine from RELEASE_6 (latest)
> 	to RELEASE_8 (latest) via source.  I was unable to get
> 	make buildworld to complete.

Strange, I have done a number of machines going from RELENG_6, RELENG_7
and then RELENG_8 without too much issue.  The ports can be a bit
problematic, but of the half dozen or so I have done, it hasnt been an
issue.  Were you using a custom kernel, or GENERIC as defined from each
of the branches ?

	---Mike