Date:      16 Dec 2002 22:14:04 -0700
From:      Alex Rodioukov <simuran@shaw.ca>
To:        girgen@pingpong.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   RFP: postgresql-headers port

Hi,

I'm looking for an advice regarding this: I'm a maintainer of py-psycopg
port. Since version 1.0.8 psycopg requires some extra headers
(pg_type.h) from PostgreSQL that are not installed by postgresql port
(they are installed by issuing make install-all-header). Because of this
py-psycopg port is broken unless user will install additional headers.

There are two possible solutions: one is to include pg_type.h and
related stuff with base postgresql port. Another is to create port that
will install extra postgresql headers in a mozilla-headers fashion.
Latter seems to be cleaner way to deal with this.

I'm ready to volunteer to work on the -headers port.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
  Alex.