Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:12:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Stephen McKay <mckay@thehub.com.au>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, hackers@freebsd.org, mckay@thehub.com.au
Subject:   Re: Conclusions on... was Re: More on the cache_purgeleafdirs() routine

:
:On Sunday, 23rd September 2001, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
:
:>Things to look out for:
:>
:>1. !ufs filesystems
:
:I am irredeemably slack for not testing this a lot but...
:
:I believe I saw bad interactions between vmiodirenable and isofs on 4.3-R.
:
:I mounted a CD, looked at stuff on it, did a lot of other work, went back
:to the CD and files were screwy (files contained the contents of other
:files, files were zero size).  I unmounted and remounted the CD and
:everything was fine.  The machine is a reliable old workhorse, and has
:no hardware errors.
:
:Since then, I've not had a chance to go back and check.  It's only because
:you are making vmiodirenable the default that I'm mentioning it.  Sorry
:for not making a proper bug report containing actual facts. :-(
:
:Stephen.

    Hmm.  Well, if someone can reproduce the problem it sounds like it
    ought to be easy to track down.  I am somewhat skeptical that
    vmiodirenable could cause that but I suppose it's possible.

					-Matt