Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2012 08:04:35 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how do I  fix this?

--5I6of5zJg18YgZEa

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 09:53:11PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > Subject: Re: how do I  fix this?
> > To: FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> >=20
> > On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:43:08 -0700
> > Gary Kline articulated:
> >=20
> > >from portupgrade, I just learned this:
> > >
> > >gmake[1]: Leaving directory
> > >`/usr/ports/security/gnupg/work/gnupg-2.0.18'
> > >gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> > >*** Error code 1
> > >
> > >Stop in /usr/ports/security/gnupg.
> > >*** Error code 1
> > >
> > >Stop in /usr/ports/security/gnupg.
> > >** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> > >/tmp/portupgrade20120604-59509-nufufc-0 env UPGRADE_TOOL=3Dportupgrade
> > >UPGRADE_PORT=3Dgnupg-2.0.17_1 UPGRADE_PORT_VER=3D2.0.17_1 make
> > >** Fix the problem and try again.
> > >** Listing the failed packages (-:ignored / *:skipped / !:failed)
> > >        ! security/gnupg (gnupg-2.0.17_1)       (linker error)
> > >ethic#=20
> > >

> > > can anybody onlist figure out WTF is wrong here?
> >=20
> > Well, for starters, gnupg is at version 2.0.19 in my ports tree, so I
> > am not sure what is wrong with yours. I might suggest the following.
> >=20
> > 1) Clean out "/usr/ports/distfiles"
> > 2) Update your ports tree
> > 3) Run: make clean in the gnupg port
> > 4) Attempt to rebuild and install the port.
> =09
> 	no joy.  I did another full upgrade.  first time in many
> 	months.  then spent a couple hours with portmaster (thank
> 	you, Roland:).  this as a first upgrade. =20

Make sure you update portmaster first. The latest versions have significant
improvements. Also there has recently been a upgrade of libPNG, requiring a
rebuild of everything that needs it.

> 	what I  want to do is get as current as possible and then=20
> 	install 7.5.  and stay there.

7.5 what? Do you mean Xorg? Please try and be specific.

>  another question involves=20
> 	accepting the "3-D" windows with whatever options they might
> 	present.=20

You mean the options dialogs as run by 'make config'? Portmaster will first
recurse through the port and all of its dependencies (if any) to handle any
port OPTIONS via the 'make config' interface, before going off on the big
build.=20

> is there any upgrade utility or flag that will
> accept and upgrade things without me having to be here?

Yes and no. With the latest portmaster you can use the -y flag to
automatically answer "yes" to all questions. But some ports are marked as
"interactive", in the sense that they need you to give some input. Or they =
are
marked as "restricted" in that you might have to go and download the tarball
yourself somewhere. These are properties of the ports system and the
individual ports. No port build tool can override that.

BTW, use the -R flag with portmaster. If a long build fails, it skips alrea=
dy
updated stuff on the second try.

Roland
--=20