Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:59:57 -0500
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@torrentnet.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Supporting more than FD_SETSIZE fd's

> > 	int fd_setsize = getdtablesize();
> > 	int fd_tablesize = howmany(max_fd_count, NFDBITS);

> Where is max_fd_count defined?

Oops!  I forgot to fix the second line above when I renamed
max_fd_count to fd_setsize.

BTW, getrlimit(RLIMIT_NOFILE, &fd_setsize) is a better choice
than getdtablesize().

> I tried doing this, but ended up with a core dump.  Unfortunately, I ran
> out of time to work on it this week (real work calls), but I'll look
> into doing this this weekend.  However, if someone has already done this
> I'm more than willing to accept example code. :) :)

The code fragment I showed is approx. right as I've used
something similar a couple of times before but I will try to
turn it into a working example over the weekend.