Date:      Fri, 8 Sep 2000 15:37:59 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@ares.trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        ych <yapbros@pl.jaring.my>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reading data feed from serial port

ych wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't know there's a FreeBSD port of the comm API. I've
> downloaded the port but encountered the following error when trying to
> build the lib:

Well, I've never built it myself, but here goes answering anyway :).

> gcc -O2 -shared -I /usr/java/include -I /usr/java/include/freebsd -L
> /usr/java/lib/i386/green_threads/ -o lib/libParallel.so
> src/org/freebsd/io/comm/libParallel.c
> In file included from src/org/freebsd/io/comm/libParallel.c:32:
> src/org/freebsd/io/comm/org_freebsd_io_comm_FreebsdParallel.h:2: jni.h: No such

This is a standard java header.  By the above it would appear that it
assumes your java installation is based in /usr/java.  If thats not the
case then you need to adjust the include paths to point at where your
java installation lives.

> file or directory
> src/org/freebsd/io/comm/libParallel.c:41: /sys/dev/ppbus/ppi.h: No such file or
> directory
> src/org/freebsd/io/comm/libParallel.c:42: /sys/dev/ppbus/ppbconf.h: No such
> file or directory
> gmake: *** [lib/libParallel.so] Error 1

Ewww.  This is looking for include files that are part of the FreeBSD
source code.  Specifically, part of the sys source.  It looks like you need
this installed (or at least the relevant include files) to compile :(.

--
Greg Lewis 				glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au
Computing Officer			+61 8 8303 5083