Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 2015 18:12:35 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   ZFS dedup problem

On one given system I have some ZFS filesystems with dedup enabled.
Now it happened to me that because of some strange disk problem
a deduped file got damaged because RAIDZ redundance wasn't enough
in this case.
Well, ok so far.
Without dedup I would just ignore snapshots, delete the file in the
current dataset, recopy it from backup source and be done.
With dedup however the new file got relinked to the unreadable data.
Well - I could theoretically disable dedup to recopy the file, but
if I reenable dedup any other file with same content might get
relinked to the bad data as well.
In this case it was Ok for me to drop all snapshots to work around.

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de