Date:      Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:51:28 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.maxbaud.net>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail messages

Wm Brian McCane wrote:

> Greetings,
>
>         I am getting the following message (frequently) on my web server.
> I assume some idiot is trying to send me mail (or is trying to use me as a
> relay).  Anybody else see this, or know what it is?
>
>         brian
>
> Aug 19 11:08:43 bmccane sendmail[20920]: LAA20920: ruleset=check_mail,
> arg1=<top-20-guaranteed@savespaper.com>, relay=root@mail.maxbaud.net
> [12.13.66.238], reject=451 <top-20-guaranteed@savespaper.com>... Domain
> does not resolve

Yes, that would appear to be the case... The domain the mail is originating from
("savespaper.com") doesn't exist, therefore sendmail (and it looks like your
running an up to date version) will bin it...

We get loads here, binned because the domain doesn't exist, because the sender
didn't specify an domain at all etc...

;-)

Regards,

Karl