Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:20:25 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Keith <keith@apcs.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DNS setup help ?

On 13 Apr 99, at 13:29, Keith wrote:

> I'm looking for the best help page to setup a DNS primary server.

My probably isn't the best, but I did get it working

http://www.freebsddiary.com/freebsd/localnames.htm

But keep in mind that I wrote that for 2.2.8, but most of it is still
applicable.

> I have most of it working but can't get it to work outside 127.0.0.1
> address

What do you mean?  From another box?  Is your server registered as the
primary server for the domain in question?

If you do whois yourdomain.com, is your server listed there?

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary