Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:24:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFS Sizes over 470MB? Can't seem to do it...

Greg Lehey wrote in list.freebsd-hackers:
 > [...]
 > I mount /tmp from /etc/rc.local, and specify /dev/sd0b as the swap
 > partition, so it *should* give me 449 MB.  Instead it gives me 30,
 > with no explanation.  If I umount it and mount it again, I get the
 > full 449 MB (or I did last time I tried; that means stopping X, and I
 > don't want to do that).

I had the same problem (on an older 3.0-current box).

The datasize limit for "daemon" in /etc/login.conf turned out
to be the problem; it was set to 32 Mb (daemons that were
started from /etc/rc* ran with class "daemon").  I increased
the limit, and everything worked fine.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)