Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:19:59 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Kris Kennaway), net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetGraph and PPP

> Our request to put the netgraph source into the FreeBSD tree has
> been rejected (so far)... so the current patch set may need tweaking

I'm glad you qualified that - I don't think there's been anything
close to wholesale rejection, and I also don't think anyone would mind
(too much) if it came in on its own branch at some point.  That's
supposed to be what CVS is for, after all.

> to compile right now. More people using and playing with it might
> bring it's demand over the threshold... this is a kind of chicken-and-egg
> problem in itself.

It is, but I think you're on the right track.  Establish a demand and
you've established a reason to have it somewhere in the repository.
Establish an even greater demand and that will be a rather good
argument for bringing it, in some form, into -current at some stage.

I think it's all probably a little premature at this stage to talk
about things like that, however, and will only raise various red flags
if we invert the order of priorities (first users, then -current)
here. :-)

- Jordan