Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:46:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jeff Gray <jwg@netbox.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   plug and play hdd recommendation

I am running 2.2.6, and IDE HDD, and an ATAPI CD Rom.  Just built a box
and for some strange reason all is working.  When I built it I installed a
single Maxtor drive.  Now I wish to add another with the absolute least
amount of effort.

Ideally, buy a second IDE drive, and plug it into the next available IDE
connector slot, reboot, and mount the drive. No futzing with jumpers or
pins if possible. The drive will be used for backup, most likely I will do
periodic dumps to the drive.

What to get and how to do this in the easiest possible way?

Thanks
jeff