Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 1996 13:12:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        cracauer@wavehh.hanse.de (Martin Cracauer)
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newsflash.html and 4-5 MB installation

> > I think the confusion is because the Change Announcement itself
> > had a "typo":
> >
> >    "2.2-RELEASE will not support installation of machines
> >    with < 4MB of memory or 1.2MB floppy drives..."
> > I've replaced the "< 4MB" to just "4MB".
>
> "5MB" :-)

Well, I just changed it to 4MB, so the sentence now reads:

   "2.2-RELEASE will not support installation of machines with
    4MB of memory..."

which is reasonable. Maybe rewrite the entire paragraph to:

   "2.2-RELEASE will not support installation on machines with
   less than 5 megabytes of memory. The recommended minimum is
   8 megabytes of memory. Furthermore, installation via 1.2 MB
   diskettes is no longer be supported."

Take care,

-Ade
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - <http://www.hemi.com/>;