Date:       Mon, 20 Mar 1995 09:08:00 -0500
From:      "bo (b.) xiao" <xiao@bnr.ca>
To:        Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:    cnews hangs and can not sync fs

Hi,

I have this problem for a while. Every so often, my machine
hangs over night. I have traced it down to relaynews. The process
runs for a while and then sits there. A couple locks(LOCK and
LOCKinput) are there. At the early stage, logins are accepted but
not later.

When I can login, I cd to my news control directory. If I do a ls,
it never comes back. As root, I do reboot, I receive something like

	syncing filesystem .... 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 give up

and of course, the next boot complains the demounting.

Does this have anything to do with my min configuration? I have 4M.
I noticed whenever relaynews stopped, the next raw news files was
500K. Or it is because of my cnews package? I got it from utoronto
and make it out of box. Anyone has a better port?

Any pointers appreciated.

Bo