Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2012 07:44:30 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /tmp filesystem full

RW writes:

>  > I have about 500MB in my /tmp and it seems to be too small when the
>  > periodic LOCATE script runs every week.
>
>  There's also a periodic script to remove older files from /tmp which
>  may help.

	My gut reaction is: what's taking up so much room?
	My /tmp contains 6 mbytes.  Even back when it was sharing space
on a 500 mbyte /, it only filled up on the rare occasions when something
went Horribly Wrong(tm) with a large compilation or backup.
	To the OP:
	See what you can delete.
	Then figure out what's filling it up.

	Respoectfully,