Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:28:50 +0900 (JST)
From:      shudo@computer.org
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru
Subject:   Re: Setting up a Java development environment

Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru> wrote:

> btw JBuilder 7 works pretty good under native jdk 1.3.1p6.
> Still waiting for HotSpot because all 3rd party JIT compilers I tried
> (shujit, tya and openjit) fail to run JBuilder 7.

On my FreeBSD box, JBuilder 7 works with OpenJIT or shuJIT.
I confirmed that JBuilder 7 could be started up and shut down correctly.
I use:

  FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE early in August
  JDK 1.3.1 patchlevel 7
  OpenJIT 1.1.16
  shuJIT 0.7.13

But, OpenJIT seems to work fine but shows an optimization failure:

  pc:870
  org.OpenJIT.CompilerError: constant folding:xor 1 -1 -> %si10
          at org.OpenJIT.OptimizeRTL.optimizeRTL(OptimizeRTL.java, Compiled Code)
          at org.OpenJIT.Compile.compile(Compile.java, Compiled Code)
          in ice.pilots.html4.nb.a(Lice/pilots/html4/tb;Lice/pilots/html4/rb;ILice/pilots/html4/tb;)V

TYA 1.7v3 cannot run JBuilder 7 with the following message:

  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.LinkageError
          at com.borland.jbuilder.JBuilder.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo@computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/