Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 1997 23:14:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
To:        ipfilter@postbox.anu.edu.au
Subject:   IP Filter 3.2alpha4

3.2alpha4 is primarily concerned with one thing: port to FreeBSD-2.2

I've successfully compiled this revision for FreeBSD-2.2.1 and loaded the
kernel module.  The changes I made have been heavily based on those sent
to me by others, although it's not yet in an ideal state: I haven't tested
kernel install (nor how to do that).

If you're running FreeBSD 2.2 and have the time, please try this out.
*** Make sure you read "INST.FreeBSD-2.2" if you are going to try it! ***

Can others using IP Filter on FreeBSD-2.1.*/NetBSD please check that this
still compiles ok ?

This hasn't been ported to use DEVFS, although there is some code at the
bottom of mln_ipl.c which I believe to be related to that :)

You can grab this alpha from (and patches from 3.2alpha3):

ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/firewall/ip-filter/ip_fil3.2a4.tar.gz
ftp://coombs.anu.edu.au/pub/net/firewall/ip-filter/patch-3.2a4.gz

Cheers,
Darren
3.2alpha4       2/4/97 - Released

Some compiler warnings cleaned up.