Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:10:37 -0700
From:      Tim Kientzle <tim@kientzle.com>
To:        Sevan / Venture37 <venture37@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD licensed Broadcom VideoCore driver

On Oct 24, 2012, at 4:23 AM, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:

> Hello,
> The rpi foundation just posted this up.
> http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/2221

There are two very basic pieces missing from the FreeBSD/RPI kernel =
right now:

 1) MMC driver.  Oleksandr had one in his github tree but it has not =
been merged to -CURRENT.  I think that's the only obstacle to building =
bootable SD images today.

 2) Framebuffer.  Documentation: http://elinux.org/RPi_Framebuffer
It looks like it might be a couple days work for someone to tie this =
into sysconf and get a working text console through the HDMI connector.

With both of the above, we would be able to build functional standalone =
FreeBSD/RPi images.  No doubt still a lot of rough edges, but that allow =
a lot more people to get involved.

Tim