Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:08:13 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>,  freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: setting up 2 VIRTUAL_HOSTS under mailman.

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	If none of the mailman gurus here want to bother with it,
> 	ok, I'll re-singup to the mailman lists.  I just want to
> 	set up two virtual lists. I can usually get more out of
> 	reading the src code than the documentation, and
> 	Mailman/Defaullts.py was
>
> 	VIRTUAL_HOSTS={}
>
> 	into which I added {'foo.thought.org', 'bar.thought.org'}

The comment before explains:

# Set up your virtual host mappings here.  This is primarily used for the
# thru-the-web list creation, so its effects are currently fairly limited.
# Use add_virtualhost() call to add new mappings.  The keys are strings as
# determined by Utils.get_domain(), the values are as appropriate for
# DEFAULT_HOST_NAME.

...so:

VIRTUAL_HOMES={'foo.thought.org': 'realname.thought.org', 'bar.thought.org':
'realname.thought.org'}

...where realname is the hostname of the listserver machine running Mailman.
You can probably use regexs like '*.thought.org' as a key, too.

--
-Chuck