Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 20:40:26 +0200 (SAT)
From:      geoff%neptune@ufrmsa1.Olivetti.za
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   System locks during disk activity

I have been having hassles with recent kernels (the most recent one
is from 26/11/95), with my system (i386/Dx33 2 IDE drives) locking
up during disk activity -- normally killing it during bootup.

Fortunately, I still have a kernel from 18/11, which still works.
(Anything after that locks the system.)

My first reaction is that this might be due to a change in wd.c -
but putting back the older wd.c (with wd_externalise() rewritten)
didn't help.

Any thoughts?

Geoff.
(PS: I am not on this list at the moment.)
--
  Geoff Rehmet                                 | ____   _ o         /\
  geoff%neptune@ufrmsa1.olivetti.za            |___  _-\_<,        / /\/\